Dr. Palencia, a local Geriatrician, was gracious enough to let us interview him about his role in treating Alzheimer’s Disease. He had some very useful insight about the following questions:
- What made you choose this field of medicine?
- How would you describe your role in treating Alzheimer’s patients?
- What methods do you suggest to patients to slow the worsening of
- What activities do you recommend for Alzheimer’s patients so that
they can keep their mind engaged?
- What preventative measures do you suggest to the families of Alzheimer’s patients when they start to fear the chance of developing AD as they age?
- Adhering to privacy law, Could you describe a specific Alzheimer’s case that touched you?
- If Alzheimer’s disease was identified in a patient in its very
early stages could it be reversed? If so, how?
- As Life expectancy increases, so does the prevalence of
Alzheimer’s. Are there any other diseases like this that we have been
able to effectively counter?
- Why do you think it is taking so long to find a cure for Alzheimer’s disease? Is there anything that you feel could be done to speed up the process of finding a cure?
- What in the community can be done to boost awareness of Alzheimer’s disease?
- What resources are available to patients/families? Do you feel that there are enough resources?
- What advice do you have for families who have relatives with Alzheimer’s?